The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

I just picked up a reissue on vinyl. Very well done! This has always been one of my favorites. The copy I had never sounded this good, nor did the cd. If your a fan it's worth the $34.
boxer12
Obviously, Charisma is the original record label. I have some artists on that same label where if it’s more of a pink shade as opposed to a more blue shade is the difference between an original or a repress. This is a (Tell for a collector). An initial identifying character on Charisma.

((According to Wikipedia, the original was on Charisma in the UK. (It would seem correct to presume that an English band’s original pressing would be from their country of origin).))

For whatever reason, on my original Peter Gabriel lps, the sound isn’t that great. So, as to boxer12’s/Qdrone’s points, maybe an Atco could sound better? I find the original Charisma PG’s are bright or as Qdrone stated "elavated".
@rackon 

You are welcome.  There's some discussion about "best" Lamb releases on Steve Hoffman forums.  Just a word of caution, "hideous" was applied by at least one poster to the 2008 release; other uncomplimentary comments there as well.  I don't hear it that way when playing back a ripped version.  Reviews on Amazon about the 2008 version are considerably more favorable.  It is certainly not the most "euphonic" recording in my collection - never was (and I do have an old gatefold vinyl copy).  If you buy on Amazon and hate it, you can return it of course.  Price is not crazy high, either.
No longer play vinyl here but thanks anyway for the memory. I haven’t thought about this concert in years but remember seeing the tour on Feb. 2, 1975 in GR, MI. Biggest spectacle I had seen since Yes’ fire-breathing dragon. Three video screens (unheard of back then), costumes, and a big rotating cylinder thing that came down from the ceiling over Gabriel. The music was outstanding.
One of the two links below from the GR show has the video but sound was redubbed and the other link has the whole audio without the video. These days, there would be thousands of copies on personal iPhones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Jsy76glow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-QfGf0jWGM
The lamb lies down on Broadway.....

....and gets run over immediately by a series of cabs, heading Uptown...