Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hello all,

I ended up buying a near perfect pair of Thiel CS-1.2s locally, just because they were such a good price. I first connected them to my main system and instantly was impressed with familiar Thiel sound. Obviously, they are missing the 25-50 Hz warm punch of my CS-3.6s but I am amazed that they can created such a clear and concise soundstage like their bigger bothers.

I then replaced my old M&K speakers with the CS-1.2s in my second system. Still amazed...a definite upgrade. The second system is an Exposure Electronics 2010 integrated and CD. I know I could use more current, but as a second sytem it's adequate. You can look at my virtual systems for details. I took a picture of the 3.6s next to the 1.2s for comparison. A 'Mini-Me' for sure.

My question: Does this group have a suggestion for a powered subwoofer to cover the 25-50 Hz that is missing, preferably preowned on Audiogon without spending more than I have in the whole system? And, how to connect...speaker wires or RCA out of Pre-out? I have never used a sub in a 2 channel setup.

Thanks, Jon
Well, I picked up the CS3.5's today in NYC, drove home, swapped the cables from my CS3.6's and...

The cabinets are quite rough in some spots and the grills could definitely benefit from a re-do, but all the drivers are sound and the sonics are, as expected, excellent. While I'm not parting with my 3.6's, there IS something about the 3.5's that absolutely thrills me. Tomorrow I'm gonna throw the EQ in the chain for further inspection. So far, so utterly good. 

As to what I won the auction for?  How does $206 grab you?  Truthfully, two hundred and six measly dollars that sound like THIS???  In spite of this pair being the most cosmetically challenged pair I've purchased - and this makes 3 pairs thus far - the sonics remain impressive. 

Unsound...if you were serious about picking them up they're yours to have for the identical price. I will of course list them to keep abiding by A'gon rules, but they're yours. 

So so far as what may be in my wheelhouse for another amp, Simaudio may well be in play since I can trade this 340idpx2 integrated back for full boat purchase price ($4500) when I upgrade. This is the top of the line model with every bell and whistle - I think I can even convert it to a gas grill, unless I'm mistaken...Within a year of purchase. Not a bad deal, but I could exceed my budget.  Naturally, based on past experience, I've been checking out Reno Hifi for a nice Pass Labs. Perhaps a BAT integrated, perhaps a Bryston amp. All depends on the audio gods and my wallet. If'n I go with separates I'd be looking at Pass amp/ARC preamp. Again, all depends...

Anyway, I thought paying $350 for my previous pair of one owner 3.5's put me in the "bargain hall of fame", but this was just silly.  

Right now I'm tugging on an icy cold bottle of Greenport Beehave Summer Ale after ripping my kitchen cabinets apart all day, listening to that glorious pair of 3.5's remind me why I started drinking the Thiel kool-aid in the first place. 

Groovy man,  just groovy. 
Just discovered that the left mid is not working. May send off to Rob @ Thiel.  Still checking. 
Post removed