CARY SLP05 - tube configuration?

For all you 05 owners, what are the tubes that you use or mix of tubes that you use and on which locations?  I currently have 4 popes in the system, mixed with 2 stock EH tubes in the right and left single ended negative sections.  

I find it to be the right mix of bite and warmth.  
joey_v
I gotta play with tubes again.  I wonder if there's a better combo in my arsenal than the dual popes in xlr and then a mix of 2 popes and 2 EH in the four left.

The best tube compliment/combination will vary based on the mode of operation.

If single ended from input to single ended output, you only need to concern yourself with tube positions #1 and #2.

If you are running single ended inputs to  balanced output, you need to concern yourself with tube position #1, 2, 4 and 5

If you are running balanced inputs to single ended output, you need to concern yourself with tube positions #1,2,3,6

Balanced in to Balanced output you need to concern yourself with tube positions #1,2,3,4,5,and 6

Tube positions 7 and 8 are for the headphones.

Put the inexpensive Electro-Harmonix tubes in the tube position that is NOT in your circuit based on the above configuration

The EH has an immediacy that I like... I need to find a better version of it but with the same sound characteristic
OP--If you like the EH, all good.  Some people do.  Don't let us NOS/vintage snobs get in your head.  :)

What's odd is that the new production Tung Sols look almost identical to me, internally, but I think they are similar with just a touch more warmth with a little bit more solid bass.  Could be in my head or just different batches.

I'll probably get lit up for saying it, but maybe even try JJs.  They came stock in another pre, and I haven't felt an overwhelming need to change them out just yet.