Need a new amplifier. Need a good match for my Audio Research LS7 preamp

Speakers - B&W CDM-7NT

NAD CD Player

10x12 room

SS or Tube, New, or used.  Looking to tame a little top end brightness, and more clarity at higher volume.

Mostly Classic Rock, Reggae, Singer songwriter stuff, with a smattering of Jazz and Bluegrass.  Lots of ground to cover. 

Current amp was an Arcam Alpha 10 100wpc.

Looking to spend around $1500.

Saw a used Odyssey Khartago Extreme for under $1k, but don't know much about it, other than needs to be biased to your homes electric output, and had some real good reviews. Sounds a little finicky.

Appreciate your input

128x128j200jr
A lively room is definitely something to be considered! The room is at least half the sound of any stereo so proper room treatment is important.
The older Classe' CA300 or CA400 had a solid, non-bright sound back when I used SS.  But the CA200 had a marginal power supply for demanding speakers. They would drive most anything and should be very cheap by now.  
To compound the issue, the ARC LS7 is inherently brighter and livelier.  I know, I had one.  That's what was so enjoyable about it.  However, it needs to be mated to a warm amp.  The Muse as timlub mentioned would be great if you can find one.  An older Classe, as mentioned, or Belles amp would work really well.  Try some MIT or Transparent cables as well.  Best.....
Beware that the LS7 needs a poweramp with at least an input impedance of 60 kOhm , normally a tube poweramp has 100kOhm , just look at the specs of the ARC tube poweramps .
If buying used is an option, the older McIntosh SS amps may give you the sound you're looking for within your budget.