Why don't amplifier Companies use high end fuses?

My equipment - Raven Integrated Reflection MK2 tube amp 58wpc. / Lumin A-1 DAC Streamer / Synology NAS / Isotex Aquarius Power Conditioner / Furutech Rhodium Plug / Sonus Faber Amati Homage Tradition speakers.  

I have read thousands of comments on upgraded fuses improving the performance of sound.  I am very open minded but not sold either way.  So, the question I have is....if fuses were so important, than why don't Amplifier companies all install them as OEM equipment?  To me, if they are as good as people say, that would provide companies who use them a competitive advantage?  

Every High End Audio store I go to in Phoenix have told me it does not make a difference and is a waste of money.  For the record, I have fuses purchased at an automotive store for under $10 and I think my sound is awesome.  The Company that built my amp tested the Synergistic Fuses and he emphatically said there was no difference.  

If I were to try a fuse for fun, given my equipment, what would your recommendation be to try?  
willgolf
Kudos to nonoise and geoffkait in this thread for some of the most interesting and best posts I've read on Audiogon in a very, very long time...
@trelja 
Thanks, but I wished I could've found a blushing emoji face instead of this one 😇.
if you want a super SQ fuse - take off your tin foil hat and roll it into a phattie then stick that in your fuse socket and let 'er rip
It has been pointed out by Atmasphere in a number of past threads that our hearing mechanisms use certain higher order odd harmonics as loudness cues. And also that our hearing mechanisms are extremely sensitive to even trace amounts of those harmonics. Therefore I suppose it is at least slightly conceivable that very small changes in distortion that might result in some unexplainable manner from changing the direction of fuses that are used in series with the DC voltages that power the active stages of an SACD player (as appears to have been the case in the situation Nonoise described) could be subjectively perceived as a change in loudness. Although even that possibility seems unlikely (to me, at least), especially in the case of a line-level component as opposed to a power amplifier.

However I will stake my reputation, such as it may be, on the absolute impossibility of a 2 or 3 db volume difference resulting from reversing the direction of any fuse in an audio component, assuming at least that the contacts are not severely corroded and that the fuse is not on the verge of failing. And assuming equal warmup states of the equipment.

As I have said and acknowledged in many past threads, science and engineering can neither predict nor explain a lot about what we hear or don’t hear from our systems. But it can certainly predict some things. If it couldn’t, the quality reproduction of music we all enjoy would not exist.

Regards,
-- Al
@almarg 
I see what you're getting at. Lest anyone else (other than Al, who knows) confuse the matter of in-room SPLs and volume setting, what I was referring to is volume settings. How that translates to in room SPLs, I can't say. What I can say is now there's too much pressure on my ears using the older volume setting. 

It's not an in-your-face aggressive experience (i.e. brightness, glare, etc.), just too much ear pressure. I even feel it more with my body, like sitting too close at a concert (oh, the foggy memories). The images seem too large as well.

Am I hearing too much? That would be silly for me to say but my comfort level is now at the lower setting. 

All the best,
Nonoise