Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

The first post-Jim Thiels actually got some good reviews. I really think they may have done better under a new company name. I think putting them under "Thiel’ actually hurt them, because the whole reason Thiel’s name meant anything had to do with a specific man, and a specific type of speaker design - that’s what the name symbolized. Putting out an entirely different type of speaker using the Thiel name only breeds ill-will or lack of interest among exactly those loyal consumers who held the Thiel name in high regard.  If you aren't courting the very people among whom the name Thiel has any pull or cache...what are you doing with the name?

A total shoot yourself in the foot company move, IMO.
Good point prof perhaps a name change would have been better for the future.  However, my bet is they were hoping for some residuals versus behaving more like a start-up.  Now they have to figure out how to bring new consumers in, especially milleniuls.    No clue how thats going to play.

Either way the Thiel we know and love is totally gone.  They are just waiting for legacy brands and their consumers to fade away. 

The new CEO makes 5 in 4 years. Apparently the focus will be on the Aurora lifestyle speakers. An upscale Bose. Go to Strata.Gee,Com and type in thiel where you can get a in depth interview w/the new CEO. I think the theme song they should stream over the new lifestyle speakers is Taps. 

Oh man, that interview with the new CEO!

She kept talking about how the company had to remember they are a "speaker company" and that was their identity.  Said it numerous times.
But when it comes to speakers what does she say?  Aside from a pair of me-too little lifestyle wireless speakers, THEY AREN'T DESIGNING ANY MORE SPEAKERS!   In fact, they aren't even manufacturing speakers...except if someone specifically asks they'll build an old legacy model.

A more contradictory, self-undermining interview I've rarely seen.

The company looks now exactly what you'd think it would look like if someone with no knowledge or interest in speakers took it over.  It's just taking the name and making it into an entirely new business, reflecting the lack of audio interest in the CEO (and whoever else is involved).

Yuck.