Don Sach's pre amp

I know these are custom made tube pre amps I am debating on getting one any audiogon members who have this pre amp can they give me a feed back on these /
128x128a_shah
Call Don.  He's extremely responsive, customer focused to the max, and a hell of a nice guy.  My interactions with him have been stellar.
Good topi
c . I have the Rogue RP1. I swapped the stock JJ's for Telefunken Tektronix, huge improvement . Also went to a Silnote power cord . I'm playing FLAC files through a Schiit DAC with Morrow MA5 interconnects . I wish I could find someone in central California with a Sachs pre to compare side by side. I'm not impressed with the Rogues headphone section and I haven't gone back to vinyl YET . But as far as I've gone I'm happy. By the time you get the Rogue , tubes and a power cord you're at $2000, so take that into consideration . Based on what I've read online, Donn Sachs will be my next Pre . I'm also curios about Balanced in and out . I'd go deluxe on the upgrades , so it would still be more than the Rogue . I play the snot outta my system and 18 months in no issues . When I get the Sachs I'm gonna go 100 wpc + tubes or 200 wpc + SS. As I have low power now . I'm interested to hear how this plays out . I'll probably benefit from this thread as much as you . I like the gentleman's opinion about his tube compliment as that answered one of my questions . I tried some Psvane TI power tubes and found the bass light too . I prefer Gold Lion reissue and SED Winged C over them . In the Rogue I've tried Telefunken , Seimens Nickel plates, RCA JAN blackplates, NOS Mullard . They all bettered the provided JJ's. So I wish you the best . Thanks to all and Happy Listening, Mike.

What did the Telefunken Tektronix bring to the RP-1 that the JJs lacked?
@Kalali , @aberyclark around August 30 a member on audio circle advertised to sell a Don Sach model 2 , with Xlr input and 1 uf Jupiter capacitors  after checking his bonafide  with Don, I offered to purchase the unit.  So instead of a long wait I got this fully loaded unit which is about a year old in pristine condition  with walnut wood case and according to the previous owner had about 300 hours of play on the tubes. Since I have had the privilege of having VTA-SP14 in my home for two weeks and also  having listened to the Candela Pre-amp. I can tell you the build quality of this pre-amp  is head and shoulder  above the VTA-Sp 14 the sound quality . No match ! at least 50/60 % better. I will be sending this  unit back to Don for some upgrades he has suggested specially Audyn film  power capacitors  and a extra set of  Audiocap theta  caps  by passed by Teflon in 3 uf value to drive my  SS Odyssey Kismet .Complete rewiring of the board to the inputs with Dueland 20 awg wiring and  1 input with  Neotech gold & silver wiring. Unbelievable as it may sound  it will still  cost me less than what I would have a paid Don for a new pre-amp plus a 10 week wait !
I have not heard the Rogue RP -1 although I have listened to a prima luna pre amp at an audio show I have put down my initial listening experience on the Audio Circle forum. @aberyclark I'd be happy for you to come in listen to this pre and compare the Rogue Rp-1 if you want to come down to 95376 Zip code I live in Central California myself 
I can elaborate on Dons SP14 with his KT88. After months of swapping cables and tubes my conclusion is that with some minute changes you can improve on what is already a wonderful match.

Enjoy!
"Since I have had the privilege of having VTA-SP14 in my home for two weeks and also having listened to the Candela Pre-amp. I can tell you the build quality of this pre-amp is head and shoulder above the VTA-Sp 14 the sound quality . No match ! at least 50/60 % better."

Sorry but I can't figure out what you mean here.  Can you clarify which has better build quality and sound quality and maybe add what the specific improvements in sound are?  Would be most interesting and helpful.  Thanks!