Don Sach's pre amp

I know these are custom made tube pre amps I am debating on getting one any audiogon members who have this pre amp can they give me a feed back on these /
128x128a_shah
soix and kalali, have you read the description on Don's site?

http://www.dsachsconsulting.com/custom%20line%20stage.html

Also I assume the Model 1 was an earlier version no longer available.  I got my Model 2 about 10 months ago and the 1 was never mentioned when placing my order.

I read one review of the VTA-SP-14 (Audio Asylum) but never heard one.  I expect it is a great deal for the money, but not up to the level of Don's.

Call Don.  He's extremely responsive, customer focused to the max, and a hell of a nice guy.  My interactions with him have been stellar.
Good topi
c . I have the Rogue RP1. I swapped the stock JJ's for Telefunken Tektronix, huge improvement . Also went to a Silnote power cord . I'm playing FLAC files through a Schiit DAC with Morrow MA5 interconnects . I wish I could find someone in central California with a Sachs pre to compare side by side. I'm not impressed with the Rogues headphone section and I haven't gone back to vinyl YET . But as far as I've gone I'm happy. By the time you get the Rogue , tubes and a power cord you're at $2000, so take that into consideration . Based on what I've read online, Donn Sachs will be my next Pre . I'm also curios about Balanced in and out . I'd go deluxe on the upgrades , so it would still be more than the Rogue . I play the snot outta my system and 18 months in no issues . When I get the Sachs I'm gonna go 100 wpc + tubes or 200 wpc + SS. As I have low power now . I'm interested to hear how this plays out . I'll probably benefit from this thread as much as you . I like the gentleman's opinion about his tube compliment as that answered one of my questions . I tried some Psvane TI power tubes and found the bass light too . I prefer Gold Lion reissue and SED Winged C over them . In the Rogue I've tried Telefunken , Seimens Nickel plates, RCA JAN blackplates, NOS Mullard . They all bettered the provided JJ's. So I wish you the best . Thanks to all and Happy Listening, Mike.

What did the Telefunken Tektronix bring to the RP-1 that the JJs lacked?
@Kalali , @aberyclark around August 30 a member on audio circle advertised to sell a Don Sach model 2 , with Xlr input and 1 uf Jupiter capacitors  after checking his bonafide  with Don, I offered to purchase the unit.  So instead of a long wait I got this fully loaded unit which is about a year old in pristine condition  with walnut wood case and according to the previous owner had about 300 hours of play on the tubes. Since I have had the privilege of having VTA-SP14 in my home for two weeks and also  having listened to the Candela Pre-amp. I can tell you the build quality of this pre-amp  is head and shoulder  above the VTA-Sp 14 the sound quality . No match ! at least 50/60 % better. I will be sending this  unit back to Don for some upgrades he has suggested specially Audyn film  power capacitors  and a extra set of  Audiocap theta  caps  by passed by Teflon in 3 uf value to drive my  SS Odyssey Kismet .Complete rewiring of the board to the inputs with Dueland 20 awg wiring and  1 input with  Neotech gold & silver wiring. Unbelievable as it may sound  it will still  cost me less than what I would have a paid Don for a new pre-amp plus a 10 week wait !
I have not heard the Rogue RP -1 although I have listened to a prima luna pre amp at an audio show I have put down my initial listening experience on the Audio Circle forum. @aberyclark I'd be happy for you to come in listen to this pre and compare the Rogue Rp-1 if you want to come down to 95376 Zip code I live in Central California myself 
I can elaborate on Dons SP14 with his KT88. After months of swapping cables and tubes my conclusion is that with some minute changes you can improve on what is already a wonderful match.

Enjoy!