Antipodes DS GT versus Bryston BDP2

I sold my BDP2 and replaced it with the Antipodes DS GT. My initial thoughts were I wanted something that had storage, a CD ripper, and the same sound quality. What I discovered was, the sound is a noticeable step up...I don't know if it's because Roon is so much better than Mpad that I was using with the BDP2 or the DS GT is just much better? The good news is even on Tidal, music sounds like true CD quality, with the BDP2 I couldn't listen to Tidal without wanting to turn it off.
The bad news is, the DS GT takes a long time to rip CDs compared to my computer with DB Poweramp. In addition, the DS GT seems to have problems reading some disc. Finally Roon isn't intuitive and I'm having problems navigating through it. Just my thoughts!
ricred1
Thanks macdude! 

I just purchased the Bakoon DAC 21 and can't stop smiling at how this DAC sounds. I loved my LampizatOr Amber II and I not saying that the Bakoon is better. But now I am not inclined to climb the LampizatOr ladder as the Bakoon is a search ender for me. 

I will research the waversa hub and still wait on the gutwire ground.

Sounds like you have quite the system, as well. 

Regarding the Antipodes, I purchased the DXe initially and then had it upgraded to a DX. In both cases, I was well pleased with the Antipodes and obviously much more so with the DX. 

If you are into computer audio, I consider Antipodes products very good and the DX top shelf material. 
Macdude! 

I also just replaced my LampizatOr Amber II with the Bakoon DAC 21. I'd be interested in your thoughts on that DAC. I am very pleased with what I am hearing. 
After comparing the Antipodes DS GT to the second Gen DX, I knew they would come out with a new DX. Although the Gen 3 DX doesn't have an external power supply, it's my understanding it's a serious step up from the Gen 2.
Mark with Antipodes has graciously emailed us DX owners with updates about their plans and about how we can schedule upgrades to the new Gen 3 if we so choose, for the difference in price between our current unit and the Gen 3.  They still plan to offer the Gen 2 in their lineup since you can have it constructed with two outputs, USB and either bnc or AES/EBU.  The Gen 3 will be offered with only USB.  I will likely have my Gen 2 with bnc upgraded.  I thought the comparison between using the bnc and USB outputs was interesting but in the end I chose the USB output as the better sounding of the two.
My friend keeps insisting I listen to the Gen 3 DX, but I’m happy with my Antipodes DS GT. It’s my understanding that Antipodes is offering an upgrade to the Gen 3 DX for a relatively modest cost. If so, that’s great for current Gen 2 DX owners.