Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
^^^

Something isn't right. There should be a huge improvement over a stock fuse. Direction is a trial and error thing just like the RED and BLACK fuses. 

Frank
Jafreeman 9-27-2017
I am hoping Almarg and peers will answer my question about AC mains and the functions of their fuses, as I am quite surprised with the sonic gift they are providing.
I can’t explain that, Joe. Obviously a 10 amp fuse comes a bit closer to being no fuse than a 7 or 8 amp fuse that is otherwise similar, at least in terms of lower resistance, lower voltage drop, and reduced fluctuations in voltage drop as current demand fluctuates. But I would expect both those differences and any resulting sonic differences to be small, especially between the 8 and 10 amp Black fuses you’ve tried. And especially with a robustly designed amp such as the REF 210, which per its description at arcdb.ws has numerous internal voltage regulators, large amounts of energy storage in its power supply (787 joules), and does not have a huge difference between its current draw at idle and at max power (that difference being well under 2:1).

Unrelated to the fuse question, though, after looking at your system description it appears that you are connecting your REL subs at speaker-level, and I assume you are using the balanced inputs of each sub, since the amps are fully balanced. Assuming that is the case, I’m wondering where you are connecting the ground wire from the subs (i.e., what would be the black wire in a typical REL Speakon cable)?

Regards,
-- Al

there is no  direction information on fuse and it looks same on both sides.  I only changed fuse on PreAmp for now to test so that i can buy more in future but don't hear any difference what so ever.  

Here is my system info. 

Vandersteen 7 II
ARC REF 5SE
ARC REF 250SE
ARC REF 2SE 

veerapaneni
I got blue fuse for my ARC REF 5SE but don’t hear any difference in sound when compared to OEM fuse.
That’s because you are immune to "expectation bias." Send it back for a refund.

veerapaneni
There is no direction information on fuse and it looks same on both sides, but don't hear any difference what so ever.  
Because it’s an ac fuse and it doesn’t matter, even if it were a dc fuse it still wouldn’t matter.

Cheers George

@veerapaneni 

I own ARC LS28, try inserting the fuse with 'SR' lettering pointing towards the chassis. 

As others have suggested, try both directions and let your ears determine the 'right' installation.