Name three of yours the most favourite drummers

I nominate the following

1. Mark Nauseef
2. Ginger Baker(yeah, the erly one!)
3. Jackie Liebezeit
128x128marakanetz
I haven't seen Budgie from Siouxsie and the Banshees mentioned. That guy can kick some serious ass with two sticks. Talk about underrated style, sophistication and dead on precision, let alone his ability to make his playing sound like a trio of drummers. Absolutely amazing percussionist. Check him out. If you've ever been to a Banshees show, you know what I'm talking about.
Phil Collins - master already at 21 on "Nursery Cryme": see the Belgian TV Show March 1972 and that humble kit. Class, plays brilliantly also jazz in Brand X and later in his career (simpler) pop with ease.

Jon Hiseman - the ultimate driving force for all the bands he has played with. COLOSSEUM LIVE, 1971. He´s actually a jazz man but comes behind no-one as a rock drummer. The Leader.

Carl Palmer - positive attitude, like Keith Moon´s. Ultimate power like Hiseman w/ superb skill, very technical and very very fast, still with taste and a style of his own. Like Hiseman, has jazz soul and that makes him high above of rock drummers.

Bill Bruford - a true jazz man, never dull just pure style & class. The greatest fusion drummer really. King Crimson 1972 -75. Sublime and very creative stuff. Alongside Palmer, the only "technically perfect drummer" I can stand.

Jamie Muir is a genius but he´s a percussionist really. Creative and unique. He shines in King Crimson 1972-73, that line-up w/ David Cross created the best avantgarde/jazz/rock/fusion. The German Televison program late 1972 is telepathy.

John Weathers - prog rock´s Keith Moon - go figure :^ ))
Furio Chirico - jazz/fusion´s Carl Palmer - go figure : ^)

Enjoy the music
Phil Collins is making another album. I heard though the grapevine he's back in the stu-stu-studio.

😧

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite. 😬