Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
An additional thought regarding the recent posts on SR’s Acoustic Paint patent, adding to the previously stated facts that the patent makes no mention of fuses, UEF, or Inductive Quantum Coupling. Or for that matter anything that has to do with the processing of electrical signals or AC power. (It is about **acoustic** paint, after all):

A careful reading of the 10 claims in the patent makes clear that all 10 claims are limited to applications of the paint to the walls of a listening room. Therefore if another manufacturer were to market fuses treated with a paint formulated identically to the descriptions provided in the patent, he would be able to do so without infringing on Mr. Denney’s patent.

One more reason why the reference to a patent in the Blue Fuse’s description, which states that....
At Synergistic Research we’ve isolated key factors that affect how electricity propagates by changing the behavior of electrons through Inductive Quantum Coupling methods we collectively call UEF Tech. In fact, UEF Tech is so powerful even an electrical chain several miles long is fundimentally [sic] improved with nothing more than a single fuse engineered with our patented UEF Technology.
... is dubious at best.

Regards,
-- Al

The devil is in the detail...and the manufacturer. You still can't see the forest for the trees. 😉 And there are already similar products.
geoffkait:
I am a little curious to know what ever happened to Synergistic’s terminology Quantum Tunneling? It was an excellent ploy. Has it been replaced by Quantum Coupling? Maybe someone informed them that quantum tunneling is a very specific quantum phenomenon that would almost certainly not (rpt not) occur, whether you pumped a million volts into a fuse or a kazillion. Unified Field Effects is also a very cool term, quite reminiscent of Einstein’s Unified Field Theory. 😛

Then there's this. Field effect (semiconductor) - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Field_effect_(semico...
In physics, the field effect refers to the modulation of the electrical conductivity of a material by the application of an external electric field. In a metal the electron density that responds to applied fields is so large that an external electric field can penetrate only a very short distance into the material.

The cables still refer to Quantum Tunneling.

Interestingly, the Black Power Cables now mention "UEF Technology Standard Level 2." I wonder if this differs from the "UEF Treatment 2.0" in the Blue fuses.
Hi Tom (Theaudiotweak),

As you are no doubt aware, the claims section of a patent defines in very precise terms exactly what the invention or inventions is or are for which the patent holder is granted exclusive rights. A patent attorney will attempt to word those claims as broadly as possible, to make the protections provided by the patent as broad as possible, but without wording them so broadly that a claim encompasses an invention previously made by someone else, which might invalidate the patent or cause it to not be granted in the first place.

In this case, every one of the 10 claims, either directly or by reference to one of the other claims, clearly and specifically refers to applying an acoustic paint to a wall, the paint having been formulated in one of several different specifically defined ways, for the purpose of improving the acoustics of the room.

As a licensed patent attorney, I can tell you that if another manufacturer were to market fuses that have been treated with a paint formulated identically to any of the paint formulations defined in the patent, and Mr. Denney sought to bring an infringement suit on the basis of that patent, he would not get to square one with his suit.

Best regards,
-- Al
Al

You are the expert on patents..I do have limited exposure on these matters and open for many corrections and have been.

I don't ever remember saying the paint patent had anything to do with the blue fuse. Somehow all that became mixed together. You and I found the new paint patent and I agree it has nothing stated about the fuse.

Acoustic paints and surface additives are very intriguing and so is the SR patent.  In claim 1 of the paint patent it states.... a resonant frequency so that the crystalline material will resonate in response to the sound generated by the source. What is the source? Could the source be another SR product as from the Atmosphere series?  Thinking out loud. Will music or crowd noise be specific in frequency and  level to activate a desired  resonant response? Tom