Focal Kanta No.2

Focal introduced a new line today beginning with the Kanta No.2. It looks like they're positioning it between the W cone equipped 1000 series and the Sopra. It's got the shape of the older Utopia products before they went segmented. Any thoughts? Curious what people will think when they hear them. 
kosst_amojan
I listened to them as well. I realize they wouldn’t be at their best in a show setting, but they showed a lot of promise. I was told by another rep. , that they are replacing the Electra series with these. I think it is a good step. The Electra’s have been around a long time, but the new Kanta series will be a great companion to the Sopra line at a better price point. It was nice to be one of the first to see and hear the new product.
They sounded good to me . The rep stated they use the Aria's flax drivers and the Sopra's tweeter
They sounded good to me . The rep stated they use the Aria's flax drivers and the Sopra's tweeter
This is one of few speaker companies that I pay attention to. Did you hear those with tube, hybrid or ss amps? One of the reasons of why I do is that some used Utopias can be had for a reasonable price. A lot of sound for $4k -$6k, especially with the right amp match.
I also pay attention to speakers like Lansche and Kharma, but this is academic, I will unlikely ever be able to afford them.
I haven't heard them yet, but I'm thinking I'd like to. I think I like the styling, though I'm not too sure I dig on the blue shades. A red or that burnt orange they do the Sopra's in would be better option than two shades of blue. It's nice that the style can range from bold to very organic. Apparently that base is made from the same stuff they cast the driver baskets from. I suspected they may be a replacement for the Electra series. I suppose that shows a lot of faith in the quality of the F cone. I'm going to assume they're going to ask Electra-like prices for those. I'd expect the Kanta No. 2 to go for about $6500-7500. My big question is will the No. 3 feature another 6.5" driver like the 936 and 1038, or will they do the NIC job on the 8.25" driver from the 948 and build out the cabinet a bit more for increased volume. I'm thinking they'll do 2 8.25" drivers.