Mod my Rega P5 OR...time to move on ??

I`ve been enjoying a nice Rega P5 with Groovetracer upgrades (minus platter) but am thinking about a change now. 
Question: Should I add additional upgrades to this table like a better arm and a better platter or would I be further ahead just getting a different table ? 
I`m pretty set on my phono stage (Herron VTPH-1MC) and cartridge (ZYX AIRY 3) the room has been treated and the table is on a Rega rack. 

Thanks
Steve

scm
Around the time I got back into vinyl I purchased a Rega p324. To me it sounded clean and with all the prat they talk about. Then shortly after I really fell in love with the old Empire tables, so I found a 208, dampened it up and threw a SME m2-9 on it. I gave the Rega to by brother and continue to enjoy the Empire, but the story doesn't end here.
The next thing I did was order an audiomods arm for the Empire.
I'll cut to the chase. I now spin the Empire with the SME and the Audiomods with a modded up Union Jack rp3 and  the Rega sounds clear detailed and very enjoyable with plenty of weight in my system. I would threw an audiomods on your p5, they really are fine tables. On a side note I really like the the rb303 arm. To me it sounds full and cohesive, just not quite as airy and extended in the top end as the Audiomods.

hope this helps
JP

It seems to me that your current cartridge & phono stage are of greater use with a better TT.

Maybe the Audiomods/Rega  are very good for a reasonable price...my Funk Firm/Rega based arm is to die for!
I agree...I would like my phono stage and cartridge to be able to shine their best !
Might look for a mint used Rega RP10
I'm curious to see what the OP decides on, since my path was similar.

I certainly miss the simplicity of the Rega philosophy-just put a record on and lower the arm.

The difficult decision however, is where do you draw the line on tweaking$ and justifying the sonic improvement? 

Post made while listening to my now dated stock Classic(except Mapleshade brass footers and obscenely price maple slab) with Audio Technica ART9.

My P5 just couldnt keep up with the VPI. This of course is my subjective opinion.

@tablejockey,

Thank you for making that distinction! Very important.

A main consideration is (one's personal preferences).