Audiophiles should learn from people who created audio

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading for all those audiophiles who spend obscene amounts of money on wires. Can such audiophiles handle the truth?

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

defiantboomerang
@mapman 
Yeah.... Let's quote the guy who was an irrelevant has-been by 1960. Einstein basically whiled away in academic obscurity after the general theory because his theories absolutely fell apart in the face of quantum mechanics. 

Clearly we should just tape rocks to our cables and forget about all this science hocus pocus. It's just filling out listening rooms with information fields. 
You have to respect Mr. Russell for having the foresight and cleverness to link to the Amazing Randi Million Dollar Challenge for blind testing super expensive cables. If any pseudo skeptics were sitting on the fence before reading all the gory details about the whole $1M Challenge and how Randi was the NOT one who blinked first, they won’t be for long. Well played, Roger!

I had an experience the other day that is germane to this topic.

A few weeks ago I had a fellow audio-enthusiast over who was skeptical over the difference a cable can make. I was swapping out my Teo Audio Game Changer ICs with low budget cables. He left convinced. ㋛

Over the weekend I played an album and wondered what was wrong with the sound? I readjusted the cartridge. No change. I swapped out the tubes in my phono stage and then pre-amp. No change. I then checked behind my phono stage and realized that I hadn’t changed my cabling back to the GC’s.

Once I swapped in the GC’s, the sound stage I was expecting was back.

No, I don’t profess to understand the physics behind how these cables work. All I know is that in my system, they make an audible difference. And it is not subtle.

For reference, my system is:

Roksan Xerxes (modded external power supply)
Tweaked RB300 (Incognito wiring, Michell technoweight, Audio Origami SOFC phono cable)
London Decca Super Gold cart
Croft RIAA phono stage (Shuguang Custom 12AX7 tubes)
Don Sachs preamp (Shuguang Treasure 181-z and Sylvania Chrome Top 6SN7 tubes)
heavily modified Golden Tube Audio SE-40 monoblocks (Shuguang 181-z and Winged "C" 6L6 GC)
Esoteric DV-50S
Gustard x20Pro DAC (modded)
Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded)
Martin Logan Spire
Pierre Gabriel Model PGS - L2 speaker cables
all ICs are Teo Audio GC
Of course they're right. Our current scientific understanding of the universe is obviously complete and the data says 'NO!'. Listen to the data and the dogma, not the music. Don't you guys know where truth lies?