Audiophiles should learn from people who created audio

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading for all those audiophiles who spend obscene amounts of money on wires. Can such audiophiles handle the truth?

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

defiantboomerang
"In our hobby the only factor that is matter is our hearing and no 'scientific' neither 'science' theory will tell me what is good or bad for my hi fi system, "

Oh dear.

If you feel it; it's real!  Yep, in this hobby, lets just pretend science never happened, it's methods and results don't apply in the magic world of the audiophile.

And we wonder why our hobby is ridiculed.
+1 Fortunately it is an innocuous hobby. Let's rejoice that as yet these quacks are not in charge of medical testing, even if the same arguments can increasingly be heard in that arena too.
“We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.”   Albert Einstein

“Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.” Wernher von Braun

“An optimist may see light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out? “ Rene Descartes

“Put your hand on a stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.”  Albert Einstein

I am fairly sure that the Op and I will never agree on anything bar possibly the over zealous actions of the mods on this site.
In fact this is the most unusual discussion forum I have ever been in where the mods appear to just be faceless entities who hack and slash at posts that displease them with no reason given.
Most other forums the mods are active well known members who regularly join in discussions them selves and if they feel a member is becoming a donkey hybrid will step in with a friendly warning first.
Why does this matter?
Well take this thread for example, it has had a fair number of posts removed which has had the result of turning it from a coherent thread to a bit of a disjointed mess as reading from the start it is obvious some posts are replies to a previous post that as it now no longer exists makes little sense any more.
Just my ramblings and I am sure a mod will be along shortly to obliterate this post........