stereo receiver recommendations

Hi folks,

A friend recently got me interested in this hobby, but I'm definitely still a newbie without much real world listening experience. A colleague at work knows I'm interested in audio and came to me for advice to replace a broken stereo receiver. Problematically, she was fairly coy about budget, so a few recommendations would be greatly appreciated... Lets go with <$500, $500-600, & <$1000 as the 3 price ranges.

She definitely wants to have a phono input for a connected turntable and to have a FM tuner built in so unfortunately we're stuck with stereo receivers rather than integrated amps, which drastically limits the options. She also definitely wants to buy new. She didn't know the model of speakers so I'm not talking about a serious audiophile but rather someone who just enjoys having music playing in her home and doesnt want to give up local radio or her vinyl collection. For that reason I'm thinking ease of use, functionality, and reliability are probably just as important as sound quality (I hope that doesnt make too many of you cringe), but I still want it to sound good. Searching through musicdirect & crutchfield, I've come up with the following:

<$500: Cambridge SR10 or Yamaha R-N303
$500-600: Cambridge SR20 or Yamaha R-N602 
<$1000: Outlaw RR2160 or Yamaha R-N803

Would love input from people with experience with any of these products or recommendations about something else that might be better. Any problems any of you have found with any of the above models? Anybody experienced both in a particular price range and found one to sound particularly better? 

Thanks!
ethos123
@artemus_5 

Most of my experience with the Luxman receivers(R-115, R-117) has been with Klipsch Heresy I's, Heresy II's, Fortes and Quartets.  All a minimum of 96dB efficient and easy to drive with no stress or strain on the Luxmans.  Most experience also has been in a 13' x 13' x 10' room and well damped.  All these factors I am sure have contributed to my fondness of these Luxmans.

Bill
I appreciate the feedback about the vintage Luxman, but my colleague definitely wants something new...with a warranty and bought from someone she can go back to if issues arise. I realize the performance to cost benefit of used gear but it’s just not an option. 

Totally agree with those who note the superfluous nature of a tuner in this day and age when everyone has access to streaming radio on their phones and that can be connected to an integrated amp wirelessly...but it’s a feature this person wants regardless. If I can change her mind, I’m sure the PS Audio Sprout (and several other integrated amps) would be a great option. I’ve heard nothing but praise for the Sprout and it’s a great looking piece for sure.
The Yamaha RN 803d has it all. 2x100 watt rms, tuner, airplay, smartphone app for remote control, Spotify Connect, dlna compatibility, mm phono input, 2 optical and 2 coax digital inputs, plus, and this is very attractive at this price level, room equalization. I am sure I am forgetting something. Oh yes, pretty classy looks, and good build quality from a reputable manufacturer that will be around in the future. I am planning to buy one for my daughter.
HK receivers are legendary and priced amazingly.
https://www.crutchfield.com/g_356350/Stereo-Receivers.html#&nvpair=FFBrand|Harman
Here is a review WITH BENCHMARK TESTING of it's predecessor.
http://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/hk-3490

So if I had to buy a new receiver today on a budget, that's where I'd go.
Yamaha receivers are always a very good choice. I had one for years and was quite happy. I upgraded to a Nakamichi Receiver 2 which I still have and love; but the best receiver I ever owned, by far, was a Rotel RX-1052. I had to go pretty far up the ladder of integrated amps to significantly outclass her. ($3,000 +) If you find one, it's a keeper.

The good news of all this is that it is actually quite hard to go wrong if you stick to the mainstream brands. Just look at the various options they sport, like digital inputs  etc.