Opening a can of worms

Here is the can filled with opinions. It's been hashed and rehashed to infinity and beyond with no clear result. Since I am a seeker of truth I'll post my thoughts here for the yea and naysayers to debate over. Question is: Are expensive speaker or any other cable in a system worth the exorbitant cost over a reasonably priced cable loom? I thought I'd  experiment myself to find out. My comparison is between Transparent Ultra cable loom and Blue Jeans cable loom on a pure stereo system comprised of Proceed PAV,  Proceed PDSD,  Krell Kav 250, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Sony Ps4300 TT and B&W 803D2 speakers. All sources were used by this experiment using identical playback material. Cables had in excess of 200 hrs burn time and all were identical in lenght. The only variation were the connector manufacturers.
One change that occurred during this 4 week long endeavor was that I'm firmly seated on the sharpest picket on the fence.
My result is that I'm now a believer that there are audible differences in cables. I also believe that these differences are minute and one has to really listen carefully and for a long time to discern these differences.
Now to the crutch of the matter, $$$$$, As we all know Transparent Cables would reside in the upper tier of Audio Cable expense.  Blue Jeans Cable on the other hand falls into the lowest tier of expense (well maybe not lowest but low nontheless )
One would think then that the Transparent would be far superior to the BJs. Not really! Yes the highs were a little cleaner, mids a little tighter and lows a tad more pronounced but not by as much as one would expect. Soundstage was somewhat more open and airy and depth was somewhat more defined with the higher priced cable but again less than one would expect. 

Now for my personal opinion regarding the cable debate: expensive cable looms are slightly better than reasonable priced looms, if a dollar equals a penny to you then by all means opt for the higher priced loom, if a penny equals a penny don't be ashamed for opting for the best you can do. The differences are so minute that it's not worth going into debt over. BOTH looms sounded superb on my test system and I would be happy with either loom.

Now let the debate begin, just know I'm a fence sitter and not in one camp or the other
128x128gillatgh
There is no debate - everyone agrees that adding a filter (like the one in your Transparent cable) will change the sound often audibly. No debate at all.
Ah Blindjim is the voice of wisdom and reasoning. Pay attention grasshoppa's because he knows what he is talking about. I think most of have been on this merry go round for awhile and I know there  are doubters however, there ARE differences in cables. For example I can say there is quite a bit of difference between a HiDiamond P3 powercord and a Shunyata Python CX. Both are very good but very different. If one can't hear a difference or much of one between various brands then consider yourself VERY lucky haha. :)
Then develop a cable that doesn't need '' boxes'' and be done with it. Ohhhh wait just another excuse to charge $10,000 for a power cord.
Get it right the fist time through correct engineering and design.
If there is not a difference in the sound of various brands/prices of cables, then why wouldn't we all just use the cheap stuff and invest more in music?  One reason would be the "snooty" factor of liking the "idea" of having the high price spread in your system.  Another reason why some invest tidy sums in cables is that in their system and circumstance they hear a difference that justifies, for them, their cable investments.

My cable purchase decisions have been based in part on reviews, price and most importantly, experience over decades in audiophiledom.  Please know that I, in that time period, have made some significant purchase errors. Fortunately, most of those mistakes were rectified at little financial detriment.  

Interconnects - I like the Audioquest line because of many years of experience with their cables and that whatever their current line is, their is a consistent sound revealed by their interconnects as you move up and down the line.  The trick is finding the cable that best suits your sonic tastes with your system.  Example.  I tried AQ Columbias and Colorados from the line previous to their most current offerings.  In being able to A/B them, the Colorados had a fuller more natural bass response than the Columbias.  Their response sounded to me to be very linear up and down the frequency response of my system.  Therefore, my system is wired with AQ Colorados.

Speaker Cables - Here is where I learned a new lesson a little over a year ago.  When I traded in my Vandersteen 3A Signatures for Treo CT, the copper heavy earth series AQ cables that I had used successfully with the model 3s sounded too heavy in the mid-bass with the Treo CT. And yes, I experimented a great deal with speaker placement trying to find a spot in my room to tame the mid-bass beast.  Didn't happen.  Then came research time.  I was reading hours each day all over the internet, investigating cables from myriad manufacturers, many of whom I was completely unfamiliar with.

It was in this forum however that I began reading more and more about Paul Laudati's Clear Day Audio cables.  The more I read the more the adjectives used to describe the sound people were getting through them started to sound like what I was looking for.  Next step.  Call Paul.  That I did.  He was very forthcoming with information about his cables but made no wild promises about how they would do with my system.  The price was very reasonable for what he was offering and so I took a leap, after even more research and purchased the Double Shotgun models.  Fortunately for me, the mid-bass hump was gone and the treble smooth but opened up so for the first time I could truly hear what the CT tweeters were capable of.  

In summary, experience, research, personal contact and anecdotal information from others informed my choice here.  Isn't that what a lot of us learn from other's experiences here on this forum, kinda the whole point of spending time here.  The bonus is of course, in those situations where sharing your audio travels can help someone else here on their journey.
Will a new $12,000 ARC power amp sound 600% better than a well known new $2000 tube power amp?
How about a $12000 Pass Labs power amp. Will it sound 600% better than, say, a $2000 Marantz power amp? 

What percentage ratio can be expected for the differences in SQ of the equipment?
 50% better sounding?
20% better sounding?
 15% better sounding?
 10% better sounding?
5% better sounding?
3% better sounding?