Legacy Studio HD

Hi,

I was hoping to get some first hand impressions from anyone that owns these..... any comments would be appreciated

Thx
Steve
128x128oddiofyl
I own a pair of Studio HD for about 2 years now. Purchased used for about $1k—in perfect shape.

Use them near-field small room listening only. They sit on weighted 24” stands. I drive them with a 60 watt tube amp or a 400 watt D-sonic SS amp depending on my mood.

Build quality is 1st rate, really unbelievable for the money, beautiful wood finish (walnut in my case). Top notch hardware as well.

They replaced a pair of Paradigm S2 v3 monitors, which were high quality but I never warmed to them for music.

The legscy’s are smoother and sound more integrated (coherent?) compared to the Paradigms, which I always found a little brittle and too bright. Re: Legacy’s AMT tweeter is so much more mellow without giving up any of the fine detail that I prefer.

Rear ported so maybe not the best choice on my part for a small room but I don’t listen to overly loud music, usually aucustic jazz/female vocal/classical piano mostly, so don’t ask a lot of bass from the HD. I suspect they can play very loud if you wanted them to.

Hope that helps
Thank jel.....  all the reviews say they are great.  Just wanted some feedback from real users.   Ill be using them with a pair of 50 watt tube amps.
Sure. Just be aware that 50 watt tube may not push them where you want them to go depending on your taste in music.

If you like it loud and loads of dynamic range,  like symphony or rock, you may want to look elsewhere. I listen largely to voice, aucustic and solo instrument like piano, cello and violin and couldn’t be happier. But IMHO the mid-range / woofer driver, while really well mated to the AMT tweeter, is hard to drive to high volume without a far amount of power on tap.
My room is small.....those amps drive my current 87 dB sen. speakers plenty loud for my tastes ,  i have other amps should i need more power but the Quicksilvers are my favorite.    
Jsl,   I often buy used too, but im thinking of buying a new pair.....would you still consifder them a great speaker at $1795?