Legacy Studio HD

Hi,

I was hoping to get some first hand impressions from anyone that owns these..... any comments would be appreciated

Thx
Steve
128x128oddiofyl
I think they are a good value because as monitors go I don't know why you'd ever purchase another. That said, at the $1750 price point there are so many choices, especially if you are also open to used. 

I hardly ever see them on the used market--maybe one or two pairs in several years of scanning audiocircle, usaudiomart and audiogon. 

As a total aside, and not in the same price range, I am starting to look at Clayton Shaws stuff (M4 Triode Master Open Baffle speaker in particular). I used to be a Maggie owner and always preferred the sweetness and openness of the 'boxless' sound and think OB speakers might work in my small room.....had to get rid of the Maggies back in 2012 when we downsized....hence the move to monitors
I've owned Legacy in the past. But not the Studio's. I have listened to them and think they are excellent small monitors. They could reproduce a low "E" bass guitar note (41.5 hz) with stunning realism. If I were looking for a small monitor speaker, the Studio HD would be my choice.
Cheers,
Tim
Send me your contact info if you’re interested in chatting—Jay.levine@outlook.com