Oppo Sonica DAC for streaming Tidal

Looking for experience with this unit.. Not that it's all about reviews, but I'm used to Oppo getting raves, and the Sonica seems to be getting negative to very positive professional and user reviews.
jl35
mofimadness, what were all the other DACs you've had and you are comparing the Sonica with?
I have to say that all my experience with my Sonica are very positive. Over here in the UK it got a lousy review from Which magazine. I contacted my pal who has a hi fi shop in Glasgow and he said give it a try. As it was a new unit I gave it a week and then had a good listen to it. As I wanted to get a new DAC for my pc I hooked it up via USB and let it play music all the time my pc was up. The Sonica has replaced an RME audiophile soundcard which was not cheap as computer music is my thing and The Sonica trounced the card in all areas. I would really recomend it as it has bit and frequency functions that are not even available to us yet so it is pretty well future proof. I have to say that it does need a good power cable. Good luck.
I only heard one Oppo DAC, streaming from USB from a Mac MINI, through headphones. OUCH. Hurt to listen to.

I'm glad to see their product line improved.

Best,

E