Static Electricity on Vinyl

Hello
Having static electricity on some of my vinyl records. They absorb dust and hair. How do you do to get rid of the problem?
Does Furutech Destat III Work?
titus1
If your table allows, try grounding your platter from underneath the plinth.  Try using a humidifier in the room.  If all else fails, use one of the anti-static guns.
Gruv Glide will completely cure the static issue.  Yes, I know some people are against putting coatings on their records - so be it.  I'm just letting you know.  Without getting into a debate on the safety, the audiophile sites such as Music Direct have been selling the stuff for years and I'm sure if it was harmful the audio community would know.  In any case - it does cure static.  
Curious about the Furutech, I followed the link....

.....I think I'll keep what I've got....

Nagaoka Kilavolt #103.  Bought it sometime in the mid 80's for about twice what Zerostats were going for...

Still works.  I have to remember to change the C cell in it, if only to prevent 'battery rot'....that and a carbon brush is all I've ever needed....*S**
A DIY ultrasonic cleaner. This solves many issues along with making your listening experience much better.
Titus1;

I have the Furutech Destat 2 and 3. The 2 has served me well for about 3 years but the 3 is far more powerful.there have been times I've had to run the 2 over a record 5 or 6 times with the unit set to the longer run time. The 3 is just more powerful and one15 second blast is all it takes. I test with styrofoam, the 2 wouldn't cause it to let go of the record most times without performing multiple passes. The 3 did it so fast it literally shocked me. BTW, the 2 works GREAT with CD's that are being played in plastic drawer equipped CD Players/Transports. If the tray/drawer is metal,it doesn't seem to make a difference and yes,I tested this quite thoroughly :)

hope this helps