Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
@boisehomes,
Don't mean to confuse you. But as I listened to music tonight, I am amazed by the DEFINITION and BASS that the 205 puts out. The bass output is so much that I am a bit worried how the new loudspeakers (on order) would behave in my room. Also, it is digging up some information that I did not hear from the CDs that I am familiar with. I think the "confusion factor" is much reduced with this player. Mind you, this is the first time I am using a player with XLR connections instead of RCA. I hope somebody who has used XLRs on both 105 and 205 is able to contribute to this thread.
I believe at this point I must have put some 160+ hours on it. I don't plan to do the 250+ hour "burn in" like some people have suggested. I already like what I am listening. Again, sorry for adding to your confusion, but my player seems to have "opened up".
@milpai

Very nice! I think I’m going to sale my “mint 105” with all accessories and packaging in silver if anyone wants one ;) lol! And order a 205 tomorrow! Then wait for a used Bryston DAC to come up for sale! I like to by my gear second hand for 1/2 price but have usually purchased my CD players new! I’ll try the power supply upgrade from clones or oppomod on it and report back! 👍🏻
I received my UDP-205 yesterday and have it all hooked up! I’m running it to an Ayre K-1xe preamp with Transparent ultra XLR cables and from there to Krell FPB-350m monos. My speakers are Egglestonworks Andra II. Cables between amps and pre are MIT XLR. Speaker cables are MIT bi-wires. I’m also running JL Audio F113’s in stereo as well! 

Right off of the bat with no break in time the 205 is a very noticeable upgrade from my 105. I will update in a few days after I get some break in on it. Over the next year I will mod the hell out of it and report back with reviews! Most likely I’ll start a new thread. 95% of my use is SACD and red book on it. So far so I’m pretty impressed! :)
@boisehomes ,
Good to know that it was a good upgrade for you. I understand that the 205 is awesome on SACDs without any mod. The mod "might" change the CD sound, but not sure on SACD. Besides spending money on the upgrades, you will also not get the value back when you sell it. As such 95% of your use is SACD. You might want to think about the mods a bit. Just a suggestion - spend that money on room treatments instead.
@boisehomes, I believe you are correct that you cannot output DSD via the digital outputs because of "anti piracy or something". But you can ask OPPO, read the manual and/or try it. Best of luck with your new UDP-205.

@milpai, nice catch on your part to report the DSF issue (based on what I've read on avs forum). You do know I feel your pain in so far as a feature that was working goes awry after a firmware update :)