Why is the snake oil topic closed?

Because debunking certain aftermarket accessories might affect Audiogon’s revenue? I don’t get it. There were points to be made. It was just getting "good."
Ag insider logo xs@2xjji666
You can always tell a losing proposition in any area when the purveyor instinctively turns to personal attacks and namecalling when challenged on a topic.

What tweaks purportedly do cannot be quantitated or otherwise objectively measured. They are by their very nature elusive. That can cause problems for certain personality types.

We have all invested in our setups, financially and emotionally. Some then go the extra step and invest in tweaks. What we crave is certainty as to what these devices are doing to our listening experience. When clear answers are not forthcoming, we tend to force the issue, by forming fixed opinions and ideaologies, partially based on what we want to hear rather than what we are really hearing. When challenged, some of us become angry, i.e., defensive at the suggestion that we might have fallen victim to the snake oil salesman.

I have had several costly tweaks in my system for some years now. Were I to suddenly toss them all, I seriously doubt that I would miss them. Maybe someday I'll try it, if I can find the time and motivation to do so.
Tit for tat. This is why we still have tribalism and wars.
This thread would make Jonathan Swift proud.
I have had several costly tweaks in my system for some years now. Were I to suddenly toss them all, I seriously doubt that I would miss them.

Well said. +1

Cheers George