shrink wrap film residue- how to remove

Hello,

I have high gloss speakers. I needed to shrink wrap the speakers to protect them as my unit needed a spray using chemicals. I place a drop sheet over them as well. I removed the shrink wrap and there are marks or residue on my speakers from the shrink wrap. I used a fine microfibre cloth and some distilled water but the marks are still there. Is this something that will take time to come out with repeated wipe downs?

Any suggestions on how to gently remove the residue from my high gloss speakers? Much appreciated.

2007audioman
2007audioman
kosst_amojan. Not the news I was planning on hearing..this makes me sad if that is the case.. I wanted to protect the finish on it from getting bumped, scratched and also from the chemical spray to get on it..well looks like it worked against me. I do  hope that I can get at least 95 percent of it off..:-(
crwindy..yeah at this point I did put an email into the company and see if they can suggest anything..again my other two subs were wrapped in it and they didnt experience this problem and they are a high gloss finish..thats why it surprises me why these speakers got affected this way..
I use Novus (various strengths from scratch removal to simple polish) stuff after a master guitar repair dude turned me on to it. The "number one" (weakest in terms of any grit) of the four strengths is amazing, and I use it for everything from cleaning my motorcycle helmet shield to sensitive fancy guitar surfaces.

+1 for checking with the manufacturer. I would try a good carnauba paste wax. I use it on my wood finish speakers and they are easy to dust and keep clean. There is some British paste wax that's supposed to be best for speakers and I don't recall the name but I just use good ole' SC Johnson.

http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/us/en/brands/sc-johnson/sc-johnson-paste-wax