shrink wrap film residue- how to remove

Hello,

I have high gloss speakers. I needed to shrink wrap the speakers to protect them as my unit needed a spray using chemicals. I place a drop sheet over them as well. I removed the shrink wrap and there are marks or residue on my speakers from the shrink wrap. I used a fine microfibre cloth and some distilled water but the marks are still there. Is this something that will take time to come out with repeated wipe downs?

Any suggestions on how to gently remove the residue from my high gloss speakers? Much appreciated.

2007audioman
2007audioman
As I am currently out of Bestine, I recently used Goo Gone to remove some tape residue. It worked fine, and didn't damage the painted surface I applied it to. Try it, as falconquest suggested, in an inconspicuous location first.
If I were in your shoes, I'd go and talk to people who actually work in repairing that kind of finish instead of just trying things. I'd talk to guys at a body shop who do top notch custom body work. It may be that it needs to be buffed out. I'm sure guys like that have seen what happens when you shrink wrap a car. It's a cool prank, but it destroys a car's finish. The risk of just trying things is you may do more damage or seal in the problem. Waxes tend to soften finishes and discolor them too. I know who I'd talk to in my area, but I don't now where you're at. 
Plain old olive oil on a soft cloth might be a solution. I use it to remove adhesive when I'm out of Goo Gone.. 

Both Goo Gone and vegetable oil are very gentle to most surfaces and you'd probably be fine, but like everyone says, test it somewhere inconspicuous first.
Thanks falconquest for your post. I was thinking of using that one as well. One would figure it does work for high gloss pianos but are grand pianos using water based or oil type paint?