Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy

@blindjim "

Interjecting or trying to infuse a bit of humor isn’t a bad thing at all. Anything however can become monotonous and eventually disparaging if it becomes chronic, inane, or mindless.

Texture. Its how much or how little we reveal ourselves to others that adds depth and feeling to the discourse at hand.

I could not agree more. I think a good bit of levity is good for the soul, and the "texture" of what we type should (perhaps) tell a little about ourselves, as individuals, so as to let the reader have a bit of a grasp on our personality. Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth :)

@uberwaltz

Where/when in Canada will you be coming? If you happen to be in the Greater Toronto region let me know. Perhaps we can have lunch.

@asp307  Thanks, I pick up the Manley tomorrow .I hope I like it too !!!!

LOL

Have a great evening :)

@crazyeddy

Thanks. made sense to me.

FYI
revealing and or supporting your words with your own work history can be as quickly or capriciously dismissed as was the time it took you to type it... by some. Similarly, current personal events can be as reflectively oneroused by a few.

as was said , Thicker skins should be worn in toxic environments as we search for precious stones.