Brooklyn DAC+ Anyone?

Hey Folks,

I did some searches and did not see anyone claiming to have the DAC+.  Saw one positive review from a site of which I am unfamiliar.  I prefer reviews where there is listening and testing so perhaps we will have to hope for Stereophile or HiFi News to get one but that will probably take some time.

I have a DAC+ on backorder with MusicDirect so hopefully any bugs will be exterminated before I get mine.  I am also hoping for more details on the circuit changes.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
128x128robob
Robert,

I understand your confusion about the "@" syntax but this is a convention that Audiogon uses too.  Typing @ when you're replying to another responder (instead of the OP) in the thread pops up a list of everyone in the current thread.  Selecting one of them (or simply typing out their handle) allows Audiogon to alert them that someone posted a response directed at them.

Please follow up when you get the DAC+.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Dick
@djohnson54,

"I understand your confusion about the "@" syntax but this is a convention that Audiogon uses too. Typing @ when you're replying to another responder (instead of the OP) in the thread pops up a list of everyone in the current thread. Selecting one of them (or simply typing out their handle) allows Audiogon to alert them that someone posted a response directed at them."

Thanks for that,  I never knew it.  I get really annoyed at folks doing the @ thing all over the Inet.

I will report on the DAC+.  I am working at a possible workaround for sending full resolution DSD out of my Oppo 105 so I can compare it to the DAC+.   Unlike current convention I will also swap cables between the Parsec I ordered for it and the Cardas Neutral Reference that are on my JC3+.  Both of those are XLR and I will also try some Hero RCA's.  My Hero's are the older ones with the WBTs.

@shadorne

Apologies for the @ comment and thanks for your comments.  I am really looking forward to the DAC+.  I imagine I will stay with the apodizing filter but I will audition the others.  Lack of filter selection may hurt the DAC3 sales.

Hope you folks have some fun,
Robert

Supposedly on the white truck for delivery today.  I will let it reach room temp and then run it for a couple of hours before really listening.

Parsec XLR cables give more weight than the low cost Analysis Plus RCAs they replaced.  Also apparently stronger deep bass.  Highs are still there.  This from my Oppo 105 to Classe CP-500, etc.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
Robert,

I'm very interested in your findings as I'm extremely interested in the DAC+ for MQA.  Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Jim