Brooklyn DAC+ Anyone?

Hey Folks,

I did some searches and did not see anyone claiming to have the DAC+.  Saw one positive review from a site of which I am unfamiliar.  I prefer reviews where there is listening and testing so perhaps we will have to hope for Stereophile or HiFi News to get one but that will probably take some time.

I have a DAC+ on backorder with MusicDirect so hopefully any bugs will be exterminated before I get mine.  I am also hoping for more details on the circuit changes.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
128x128robob
Supposedly on the white truck for delivery today.  I will let it reach room temp and then run it for a couple of hours before really listening.

Parsec XLR cables give more weight than the low cost Analysis Plus RCAs they replaced.  Also apparently stronger deep bass.  Highs are still there.  This from my Oppo 105 to Classe CP-500, etc.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
Robert,

I'm very interested in your findings as I'm extremely interested in the DAC+ for MQA.  Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Jim
"Christmas comes early!!!"

Indeed. 

Preliminary listen shows more extended and cleaner/more detailed high end and cleaner bass along with more detail top to bottom.  Not sure I knew I could still hear that much on top.  But don't be thinking it's bright, it is not.  Not nasty or analytical sounding.

Interestingly it may be a small amount less full in the mids than the OPPO 105 but it's early.  This on 16/44.1 fed via toslink from the OPPO, including OPPO's TIDAL app.  Output from DAC+ via Parsec XLRs to Classe CP-500, etc.

Take it EZ,
Robert