B&W DM6 speakers

I was wondering if anyone else out there is familiar with B&W DM 6 speakers. I have a pair I still use. I am wondering how others felt or feel about them. I have the change my speakers bug, but I am somewhat attached to these.
jbaussie
I've now got mine on massive solid oak plinths with brass spikes. Really clears everything up and tightens the bass. Have also removed half of the internal wadding like glen did. I find that these speakers need a very high toe-in angle to sound good. Just my ears and my 2 cents. Regards, David.
Hi
mine dm6 is suberb,the close box is fenomenal, changed the internal wiring and capacitors ,spikes in the supports (8mm) for better stability, think that the height of the supports is the best, higher I lose in the highs, in some comparisons with 802 matrix and 801 series 80, only change for the 801, the mids of the 802 are better, but it loses for bass, and the dm6 are more linear and easy to drive, in relation to the new models top of the line, really touches more high but it does not have the same soul and bass reflex always finishes for compromising. well, we can always blame the room :)
Changing internal wiring and capacitors is obligatory, or then it is the same that to buy an old car and not making the revision and not changing of tyres... you think they sound good original,you only knows half of the value.
Regards
I have owned a pair since 1978, bought new. I have people come over to the house and are extremely impressed with the sound. During the first year a woofer went bad but B&W promptly replaced it. I do have older speakers but not of the quality of these. Only people who know how to listen and have heard 801's put down my 6's. I will never sell them.
Hi,
i replace the damping in the mids with Visaton lamb wool, and got very good results. I dind't change the woofer damping. I also replace the feets with ones similar to the ATC , for me one off the best results. The low frequencies became must better, resulting in mutch better image, the mids became mor real, without the interference of the low frequencies, that became not as loose as they use to be, they lost the belly:) I also replace the caps (MKT) and the wires with DNM reason cables. The bidding post as weel.
This changes were made not a the same time, so you only should bipass in the end, all this changes transform the sound in many ways. Good luck