Montana Speakers? Have they fizzled out?

They got a lot of press a few years ago, now their flagships are on Audiogon at a small fraction of their cost.

Thanks,
David
deshapiro
I agree with Ozzy62 about the Montana SP II's they are
some of the most musical speakers EVER!! I miss mine.
You don't see them that often and for good reason.
If I did not have the Hyperion HPS 938's, that would
be the speaker I would go back to.
I have the SPIIs. I think there are a lot of Montana owners out there who just watch the other "flavor of the month" speakers come & go.
Ozfly:
I didn't bother to check that the WASs were still being offered when responding initially to this topic, but from your post assumed that they were and doublechecked -- I had seen them appear in NEW TODAY when they first rolled though. Can you believe that when I did rediscover them, I underwent the sudden irrational yet irrepressible flash of a notion that your post should be suppressed somehow for fear that someone might learn of this complete steal and snatch up MY speakers?!

Actually, I had reluctantly, upon sober moments reflection, realized that my budget and space considerations among others militate against the prospect of claiming this deal of the century, but somehow just knowing they are there still allows me the dream -- ultimately, of course, I will have to forget that they are there or actually hope some other fortunate enriches his life before I do something rash.
Maich, I know what you mean. I just hope they find a good home with someone who loves them ;-)
I recently acquired a pair of EPX's and the sp-2's for my system. I couldn't be happier. The guy that sold me the sp-2's just sent me an email

"Hi. You probably remember me...I sold you the pair of Montana SP 2 speakers. Well, it is a crazy hobby we have. I missed the Montana SP 2s so much that I bought another pair; SP 3s this time. Just couldnot seem to get a replacement with the midrange and musicality that the Montanas' possessed. Hope you are enjoying yours."

I didn't have the heart to tell him how much better the epx's sound.
I think that the problem with selling them is the large size and shipping logistics. You are talking 150-300lbs per speaker depending on the model. I have no affiliation with PBN but the other 2 sets I have purchased off of a'gon have all come from sellers that were changing the color to match their surroundings. Highly recommended.