Really satisfied???

I was wondering how many audiophiles are really satisfied with their systems to a point where they feel like there is no need to upgrade anymore. I say to myself sometimes there is no way anything else i can buy or replace can make my system sound any better. But then the next day i am looking and reading about what cd player or separates may sound better than my Krell KPS 20i.  My system consists of Krell FPB 600 , Mark Levinson 38s, Krell KPS 20i , Krell B&W Bass Alignment filters BAFs Balanced (2) , B&W Matrix 800s , Straightwire Crescendo speaker cable and interconnects. Am i really satisfied?? Hmmmmmm 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
Hey Tottootedtrackman, Nice to see that people are still using and enjoying the Krell 20i. I was a proud owner of one. The only reason I sold it was because I was afraid that Krell wouldn't be able to repair them down the road. It sounded fantastic and I'm sure it still does! Have you not had to replace the laser? I also had B&W 801's. I used transparent reference cable throughout the system. Amps were Threshold T2 and T400. Also Snell Type B's for speakers. BEST sound I ever heard to this day. Joe
"I think maybe perhaps" I am satisfied with my system. But then you send your transport in for tuneup and a friend lends you his PS Audio PWT and the "snowballing" begins.  You buy your own PWT because the improvement over your Audio Research transport was wonderful. Then you notice one of your Tara Labs AC cables is damaged, so you replace all of them with new Zu Audio cables. Then you get into a discussion on interconnects and replace all those with new Hero Kimber Kables.  The new PWT gets you thinking about your Bel Canto 1.5 DAC and again, your friend brings over a Bel Canto 3.75 w/ VRB power ( while your DAC is being updated) and he also brings over his massive "money no option type" Wadia DAC and you hear "magic" (and dollar sign$...accck !) and know what your system could sound like. 
All in all it's a terrible, wonderful, amazingly scary and neverending adventure we audiophiles undertake each and every time we listen to our hobby, our escape, our needy little electrical, addictive stepchild,  our version of  musical nirvana  !  In my opinion, of course.