Warm-up time.

It takes about an hour of loud playing for my system to come to life, whether it's digital or analog.
i was wondering if it's the amp or the preamp that needs the warm-up, or both.
i have a vintage modified CJ preamp, and modified NuForce Class D mono blocks.
128x128rvpiano
Warm-up is definitely a phenomenon...and I can hear the transition. It's not distinct like going from dark to daylight but it's as much a revelation once you're in-tune to it. Speakers are affected as well. I give up my system for Lent. When I power up Easter morning, I am dejected because it sounds like a big waste of money. I have to remember it's like having a knee-cast removed after 6wks. Everything's stiff as hell. But after a couple days, it's back in the groove and so am I. 
I'm definitely on board the "warm it up" boat. It's strange how the sound becomes more present and liquid once everything is warmed up. Using good old fashioned class AB amplification, it takes some actual listening to get things really warmed up, which thankfully won't be the case when I finish the class A amp. Even leaving the old unit on for a few days makes a difference that's hard to quantify. 
When I had my Atma-Sphere rig, a 1 hour warm-up with no music playing was sufficient (but necessary).  Later on, with an all-Rowland system including a Model 5 power amp, that amp just sounded better and better the longer it was on.  When I was off for the weekend, I would leave it powered up all the time.  It did sound okay after about a 30-45 minute warm-up; the Capri preamp was always on as was the CDP.
My components "warm-up" while I'm listening. Kind of like a "first-set" of music type of thing. Once the first set (1 hr?) is over, it stays on during the between-sets-break (20 min?). Then onto set 2. Most band saves their "best" for the second set anyway, and by the start of the second set everything is warned up. :)