Moving on from Parasound A21 (maybe?)

I'm currently using an A21 amp to power my Focal 1028 BE speakers and I don't quite feel the love anymore with my music. My system is modest, all solid state, and I'd like to keep it that way. I've been exploring stereo amps ($6K is the limit), but don't know how much of an improvement I can make. A used Pass Labs X250.8 would be ideal if it wouldn't double as a space heater (operating temp is way too high), so I'm left dabbling with the unknown. The new Bryston 4B cubed has caught my eye, but it's too new to find any critical owner reviews. I'd greatly appreciate any ideas on a possible direction to take, if any, that would musically be a step up from my A21. Beyond my Focals, my system consists of: Simaudio Moon Neo 310LP phono preamp, Avid Diva II SP TT with SME 309 tonearm, AT-ART 9 MC cartridge, Bryston BCD-3 CD player, Parasound JC 2 BP preamp, and all of my ICs are Silver Resolution from Signal Cable (XLR wherever possible).
professorsvsu
I've heard the Focal 1038BE paired with the McIntosh MC452 extensively and I felt the sound quality was one of the best I've heard. The preamp was an older McIntosh tube version and I didn't pay much attention to the model. Something to consider. They do occasionally come up in the used market.
From what I have read many times, Focal with McIntosh is a marriage made in heaven. I've had an interest in the MC 302, but new is a little rich for my blood. Used prices I can deal with, there's simply not much to be found used. EBay has listed a few, I won't deal with that sight because I've found it too risky. Audiogon has shown nothing as of late, but I'll keep looking for a few weeks.
To vad58:
I wish I would have known you before I bought the A21. Your assessment is what I've lived with now for about a year. It was a definite upgrade from what I was using, but is "dull" (a good choice of words on your part) with far too much of what I listen to.
billspec, your experience with the Signal Cable IC's reminds me of something.  When I had the A21 it was running speakers that were laid back.  The speaker cables I had for most of that time were Audioquest Type 4, also laid back.  Add that to an amp that is warm sounding and you have bad synergy.

So one has to be aware of the sonics of each individual part of the system.  Perhaps the A21 with brighter sounding cables and or speakers would be much better.  
professorsvsu-
have you considered a Bryston Integrated to match your BCD-3 spinner?
Keep us posted on this situation.
Happy Listening!
to professorvsu
I wish my vocabulary were little bit more sophisticated! hope I didn't offend you much with the "dull" word. When I mentioned Macs as the easiest next step I meant that it is easy to buy used one for a good price and resell it if you do not like it without much loss. I did just that with MC 275. I used it for a year before decided to switch to SS amp and I did. Sold it for the same price I bought it. I saw on your other thread that you kind of settled on cubed Bryston. Do it! Two things I want to share with you as Focal Fan. Try Odyssey Khartago. You risk nothing, they give you audition time. Don't be scared by it's affordability. I believe that the price reflects zero investment in exterior design - it's dull :). With Bryston I suspect that people paying 1K for the face plate alone. It's Big! And may be another 1K for the 20 year warranty. I do not know single person in hi-fi field who keeps his or her equipment for so long. Well, enjoy your auditioning time, it's fun. Better then playing golf to my taste. If I offended anybody with my latest remark. please forgive me - I play ping pong.