Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast
Visited Magico factory last week and heard the A3. Most definitely worth the wait.
Just curious,  Why Speakers in such a high price range?  Price does not always mean better sound.  I can appreciate you can afford it.  Sony even makes speakers in that price range.  There are a range of wonderful sounding speakers before exceeding $10,000.
You really need to demo side by side with your own gear to know which suits your taste? 
He probably has seen and or heard a few speakers in this range and wanted advice before auditions.  I had a great pair of speakers and they were only around 8k, but I heard a pair at 14k that was nearly the same, but has built in subs that had room eq and I have a difficult room. Best money I spent on my system.  It also took my in room bass from low 30's to mid 20's.  

I do agree with you 100% that price doesn't mean a think in audio, but the more money you spend, you most often can probably get better sound.  
fast,

Did you ever get a listen to the Focal Sopra 2 or 3, or Legacy Audio Focus SE or Aeris?   Focal also just came out with Kanta no. 2, which is getting rave reviews.  It is not a huge speaker, but the overall sound quality is said to be off the charts.  I'm currently considering Focal and Legacy.  Beryllium tweeter vs AMT ribbon type tweeter.
Again, I appreciate all the helpful suggestions.  In response to some comments/questions:
-I heard the Focal Sopra 3s and liked their full bodied sound and am still considering them- but also hoping to hear the KEF Reference 5 in the same price range, which is not available anywhere near me. 
-Someone asked why I specified a price range in my initial post.  I agree that price and sound quality aren’t necessarily related.  But speakers can sell for $100 up to $100,000 or more. In general, I think it’s safe to say that a $100 speaker won’t compare to the $100,000 one.  OK-that’s an extreme example but in general I think a $20,000 speaker will out perform a $5000 one. Of course, there are always exceptions.  Also, with literally hundreds of speakers on the market I think it helps to narrow down the parameters.  Whether you’re seeking advice on this board or visiting a dealer, you can’t consider everything available so size, sound characteristics, price and other things help to limit the many possibilities. 
-Several people have suggested speakers from small companies which are not widely distributed and not available for audition in my area (I’ve checked on every one of the suggested models). Even some speakers from larger companies-the KEF Reference 5, the higher end Vandersteens and Revels-aren’t stocked by anyone in my area.   Manufacturers can be strangely unhelpful. I’ve called Revel three times and sent them two emails with no response. Obviously, I’m not going to consider a speaker I can’t hear.   By the way, I’m not in a small town but in a major metropolitan area. It seems like most manufacturers require dealers to purchase their products before the dealer can stock them.  It’s way out of my knowledge but I don’t understand why manufacturers don’t loan more expensive products to dealers in order to promote sales, knowing that products which aren’t stocked won’t sell very much. Dealers around me just won’t invest in $10,000 plus speakers since there seems to be a limited market for them. 
-Bottom line-I’m still looking and listening.  It would be nice to hear the Revels, Vandersteens  and KEF 5 but I’m not prepared to get on an airplane.  I have a short list but still remain open to suggestions.