Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Thanks! for sharing- beetlemania.
Dave Garretson is very informative regarding Clarity Caps and other OEM parts.
Happy Listening!

@beetlemania

When selling to OEMs like Thiel, custom capacitor values are often supplied directly by ClarityCap. I recently gave Rob a OEM price schedule for ClarityCap legacy model SA/630V(as used in the original 2.4SE) and our new, improved models(CSA/630V, CSA/250V, CMR/400V). Given sufficient demand, perhaps Rob could offer those as upgrades, or alternatively I could coordinate a group buy.

Dave
ClarityCap OEM Sales

I engaged in an email exchange with Rob last week re upgrading the caps on my 3.7s.  He told me "To upgrade the CS3.7, a 76uf, 151uf, and a 16uf cap would need to be installed in each cabinet." I was unable to find these values. He then suggested "The values I listed are the values for upgrading the CS3.7. It is possible that the capacitors may have to be purchased with the values described (NB: in the catalogs). For example: The 76uf CSA cap may have to be summed from a 75uf CSA and a 1uf CSA cap. The 151uf cap may have to be summed from two 75uf and a 1uf. The 16uf CSA cap may also have to be summed from a 15uf CSA and a 1uf CSA."

There you have it. I'd like to do this, but do not have the technical acumen. If Thiel Service offered this, I'd jump. Also, there a lots of varieties of caps out there, and it's a little scary for me that I might alter the speakers in a way I did not like!
@tomthiel Thanks for the clarification. This pic
http://www.hifishock.org/gallery/speakers/thiel/cs2-4se-2-thiel/
shows "Jim Thiel Signature" versions SA 28uF 630V and SA 14uF 630V. I cannot see a 1uF cap in parallel. The values on the woofer section are not evident.

I did not see these values online at Madiscound or Partsconnexion. Maybe I didn't look closely enough?

Also, is the crossover accessed thru the passive radiator or bottom panel?