Binding Post Jumpers - New Product!!!

Here is a new product from KLE Innovations...
https://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/klei-qseries/klei-qseries-speaker-binding-p...

I have not tried them, but I have tried many of their other speaker cables and I have tried the Banana plugs used on them.

The Banana plugs allow you to plug the speaker cables directly into the back of them

All of their products are outstanding and work extremely well - I have no reason to believe these will not live up to their stellar reputation

Enjoy - Steve
williewonka
@grannyring - would you be so kind as to report back after 200 hours or so - I’m still finding subtle improvements as time goes by - Mine have well over 300 hours now.

I’ve found that the best connection for spades is crimp and then solder because the crimp forms a mechanical joint first and then the solder fills in small spaces with a much smaller amount of solder, which prevents micro arching.

Unfortunately, plugs such as these, along with RCA jacks can only be soldered for an effective joint.

The design point for all KLEI connectors is to use just the right amount of the right type of conductive material in order to optimize the movement of electrons - I don’t understand it fully, but their web site has a few articles.

Adding more material for a screw type of design could possibly diminish the effectiveness of the plug making it no better than the Radio Shack variant and make it more expensive.

So what next - will you try their RCA’s perhaps? - they are excellent also :-)

Cheers - Steve :-)
I will report back after 200 hours. I am not sure I agree with your assessment of solder adding benifits that outweigh the proposed effect of micro arching at these low voltage signal levels. My ears and experience suggest otherwise. I am open minded however and perhaps in this instance the resulting sound is not compromised.

No need to thicken the material at all. Leave it as is and drill a hole for a set screw that is mounted in the outer plastic case. (Perhaps two) The screw forces the wire up against the wall of the material. Nice direct connection with no solder. The outer case will need development and it will cost more. It should be made to support the wall of the connector material.
+1 for the 4% silver WBT

I've tried a couple of eutectic types, but the WBT seems to flow much nicer throughout the joint and leaves a smooth finish by comparison

Don't know if the sound is impacted when used on speaker cables - I've never tried an A/B comparison.

But I did do an A/B on KLEI RCA plugs on my IC's from the phono stage and the WBT was a little faster in dynamic performance,  so I've always used it from that point on.

Regards - Steve