Binding Post Jumpers - New Product!!!

Here is a new product from KLE Innovations...
https://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/klei-qseries/klei-qseries-speaker-binding-p...

I have not tried them, but I have tried many of their other speaker cables and I have tried the Banana plugs used on them.

The Banana plugs allow you to plug the speaker cables directly into the back of them

All of their products are outstanding and work extremely well - I have no reason to believe these will not live up to their stellar reputation

Enjoy - Steve
williewonka
+1 for the 4% silver WBT

I've tried a couple of eutectic types, but the WBT seems to flow much nicer throughout the joint and leaves a smooth finish by comparison

Don't know if the sound is impacted when used on speaker cables - I've never tried an A/B comparison.

But I did do an A/B on KLEI RCA plugs on my IC's from the phono stage and the WBT was a little faster in dynamic performance,  so I've always used it from that point on.

Regards - Steve

With soldering I use a small blade screwdriver to apply a small amount of pressure on the bare wire being soldered (next to the insulation) while soldering, especially as the solder is cooling. This is to ensure that the bare wire and metal surface have very good contact and that the solder acts as a holder and sealer of the wire and metal surface (joint) and does not act as a conductor of the joint. It is not good to rely on solder as the conductor of the joint as solder is a poor conductor.  I find very high eutectic solder to be best.

When done like this, soldering is way better than screws and ensures that the join is held well and sealed, so that joint oxidation (etc) does not occur. Screws can damage the wire through pressure and the screwing action and does not prevent joint oxidation. Joint oxidation can also occur with crimping. Soldering, though, is usually a bit slower but if done well, very effective.
Post removed