Be Careful!

With static electricity in this cold dry winter.  I fried the right channel of my Classe Amp last night with the touch of a finger.  I usually have anti-static sheets in hand before touching anything but this time did not.

Good excuse to recap an old amp.
pops
Sorry to hear that Jerry!
You need  to run a humidifier!

Who repairs Classe gear these days?

Cheers,
John
John,

There is good repair shop near me I have used in the past.  They are certified for Mcintosh, professional equipment and other hifi brands.  I know you used to own a Classe CA series - there are about 30 capacitors in there!

I had 2 different whole house humidifiers in the past that worked wonders for the air but could never get them to stop leaking.
Elizabeth, you are lucky.  I have always had a problem in my stereo room.  Some carpet and some hardwood floor.

I guess I do need a portable humifier.
Simply drag a large chunk of meat around attached to you by a brass cable. Problem solved.
Another solution is to have something metal that is not part of your audio system on your audio rack, maybe the rack itself if it's metal,  and rap it with your knuckle before touching your gear.  Your knuckle is much less sensitive than your fingertip and the rap spares you that unpleasant little shock to the fingertip.