Be Careful!

With static electricity in this cold dry winter.  I fried the right channel of my Classe Amp last night with the touch of a finger.  I usually have anti-static sheets in hand before touching anything but this time did not.

Good excuse to recap an old amp.
pops
Like others have suggested I have a brass plate that is grounded to earth that I touch first.  My preamp crackles through the speakers if I don’t in this weather 
The latest Audioquest anti static vinyl cleaning brush uses the user as a ground, which I think is a bold use of the consumer as a participant in an audio issue remedy…this might be illegal in some states, but I use one anyway but store the little charge in a battery that I later use to power my toothbrush.
Humidifiers, anti static spray like Nordost and my Sonic Tonic or even Tourmaline guns or air ionizers, and Mapleshade used to sell the Ionoclast ionizer, long out of production.
I have one pair of very comfortable shoes (Skechers) that makes me get zapped from all metal objects (very unpleasant).  At home I walk barefoot, but at work I get zapped all the time.  I ended up saving these shoes for the rainy seasons.
That's incredible I never heard of such a thing as this static ele blowing equipment.I remember twice not just once at work static ele discharged from the metal clothes locker door while I was changing right through my private part like it was a lightning rod.Scared and startled me.I asked anybody else if it happened to them they said I was nuts.