Be Careful!

With static electricity in this cold dry winter.  I fried the right channel of my Classe Amp last night with the touch of a finger.  I usually have anti-static sheets in hand before touching anything but this time did not.

Good excuse to recap an old amp.
pops
Well, unless you have a sink and towel next to your system you will probably build up a charge walking from your bathroom to your stereo.
I lived in Colorado for 9 years, recently having moved back to Michigan.  We had carpet in our basement and the static build up would make one hesitant to touch a light switch, let alone turn my gear on.  I used ACL Staticide spray.  Stuff worked like a champ.
proper equipment grounding also helps. ground->hot->neutral = voltage; neutral->ground = zero. micropore soles are static resistant, but finding such foot wear is challenge. sneaker soles will get ya couple of farads per each foot I guess and you can probably give it back to electric company LOL via powerful 10M resistor HAHA!

About a month ago with almost brand new speakers, and a new tube amp I turned up the volume on my line stage and was startled by a loud snap or pop. It was dark and I might have touched the chassis but I'm just not sure. I turned down the volume, stopped the disc and heard only from the right channel and also the amp a soft pulsating, rhythmic tone from both in harmony. I turned off the cd spinner and sat for about 5 minutes listening. I could not describe the sound at the time. It wasn't a ringing, or hum but some kind of blended soft sound coming and going. This occurred the same night as when I was getting some small static shocks. My guess at the time was that the right output tube was messing up and shut down for the night.

The next night after reversing the output tubes both channels appear fine and the amp is also quiet again.

Does anyone have a good guess what happened I'm guessing from this static electricity shock?

LP