Kuzma Stabi S and 4point? overkill?

I'm considering mating a Kuzma 4point to a Stabi S with external power regulator. Is the arm a bit much for the Stabi? How close in performance is the Stogi S 12 vta at approximately half the price?
128x128jtnicolosi
I have been using a Stabi S with the 12 inch Stogi Reference arm before upgrading to the Stabi Reference turntable. The Stabi S is a superb turntable, and it is much better than its price and appearance would suggest. I preferred it to the much more expensive AMG Viella which I owned before I bought the Stabi S.

The Stabi S with a good arm comes very, very close to the Stabi Reference at a fraction of the price, and is one of the great bargains in high end audio. It is good enough for any arm available, and is a great match for the upper end Kuzma arms (I personally prefer the Stogi Ref arms to the 4 Point).

But make sure you get the version with electronic PSU, and do not get the additional platter "upgrade", which in fact makes it sound worse.

Thanks so much rossb, just the type of feedback I was hoping for. The Kuzma line of arms were confusing initially, but I believe I'm understanding their offerings now. There are four 12" arms, which all sit above the Stogi, but below, the 4-Point. First, there is the Stogi S12, in both standard and VTA (Stogi S12 VTA) versions. Then, it goes to Ref series for the Stogi REF 313... Again, also available in VTA version. My understanding is VTA versions can fit on tables that don't necessarily have provision for 12" arms. Then of course, the Non-VTA versions would need the full 12" (or so) from armband to platter. I'm by no means an expert, but I believe that to be the general idea. rossb, I assume that you have Ref 313 arm. Is yours VTA version? Just to be clear, it is my understanding that Non-VTA versions do indeed allow VTA adjustment by means of loosening/tightening a set screw. 
I have the Ref 313 (non-VTA) arm on my Stabi S, but I also have the Ref 313 VTA on my Stabi Reference. You are correct that the VTA versions can be used on turntables which only allow for 9 inch arms.

The non-VTA versions allow for VTA adjustment the old fashioned way - loosen the grub screw, raise or lower the arm, and re-tighten the grub screw.

The 4 Point arms are theoretically higher performing arms than the Stogi Ref series. My dealer and someone else I know who has heard both thinks that the new 9 inch 4 Point 9 version is the best of them, being more dynamic than the 11 and 14 inch versions of the 4 point. Most people seem to rate the 4 Point arms very highly, but I owned  the 4 Point 9 briefly and prefer the Stogi Ref arms, and I returned the 4 Point 9 for the 313 Ref VTA, which I am very happy with. I found the 4 Point 9 to be very detailed and quick sounding, but slightly lean and lightweight. It was, as is so often the case, more about hi-fi than music. The Stogi Refs are a bit less resolving, and a bit less neutral, but have a fuller, more robust sound which I find more satisfying. If you get the opportunity to hear both the 4 Point and Stogi Ref arms, you should of course make up your own mind which you prefer.

Post removed