rel with monoblocks

I would appreciate input of any owners of rel st series 2 owners who have monoblocks. I am considering upgrading to monoblocks of a yet to be determined type, but my rel studio 2 instructions say that to use it with monoblocks, you must use a rel for each channel. To me it seems that as long as the rel cable would reach both amps it should be no different than connecting it to the back of a stereo amp. Any thoughts?
bigsam2
I used a REL Stadium 3 with BAT VK-60s and it worked well. With one amp you connect the positive and ground leads and with the other only the ground.
Jeff
I have a REL Storm III connected to B&K M200's. My manual said to connect the ground to the preamp, but I found it works better to connect directly to the amp as Jeff says, EXCEPT - I think Jeff meant to say "With one amp you connect the positive and ground leads and with the other only the POSITIVE."

My amps sit about 6' apart, so I rigged up a harness to them, and connect the REL cable to the harness.
Hooked positive to each amp and ground to preamp chasis with a storm 3, worked fine,
I have a stadium II hooked up to two Cary Slam-100's and there's no problem. Some posters have said that two subs are better than one - and I have no reason to not believe them - but if you don't have sub set overly high and you're not sitting right next to it, low bass waves are remarkably non-directional and it won't sound like the lows are coming from the sub at all.
Start with one, see how you like it!