B&W 703 - How to tame the highs?

I traded up my Paradigms studio 100s this past summer for these B&W 703. I find the highs on the 703 to be a bit harsh / bright. How do I tame them? I currently have them toed in slightly towards the listener.
abb9ae7
I really thought it would hard to have harsh highs with tube equipment, but I do! This is the first set of speakers I have owned while using tubes that have harsh highs. It is not extreme enough for me to get to electronics, I guess it is something that I will have to tolerate, at least for the time being.
Take what Nrenter says with a grain (or maybe a tablespoon full) of salt. Anyone that spends the amount of time on building their own cables as Nick does, is not right in the head. All kidding aside. I have been to Nick's house and listened to his system, it's very nice. You might shoot him an email about tube rolling, speaker placement, cables and so on to tame the brightness.
Dude, sell the frickin speakers. Yea, I have this stereo system that I tolerate.. Not good.

You will spend more time and money trying to make them sound good which will end up costing you more than upgrading them now.

KiD
>>I really thought it would hard to have harsh highs with tube equipment, but I do<<

All you need is a low quality speaker like the 703. You learned the hard way. Don't give up. Sell 'em and move up the audio food chain.
Judy426,

I am really begining to enjoy your outlook and your posts. Let's hope that solid advice does not fall on deaf ears.. Or would that be tin ears?

Chris