B&W 703 - How to tame the highs?

I traded up my Paradigms studio 100s this past summer for these B&W 703. I find the highs on the 703 to be a bit harsh / bright. How do I tame them? I currently have them toed in slightly towards the listener.
abb9ae7
I will be trading up in July, 2006. Most likely to the B&W 800 series. I was simply trying to solve a minor problem in the mean time. I really like these speakers, they are a definate upgrade from the paradigm 100s I had.
I would definitely get a in home audition on the 800's before you put down the extra cash on them. You may have the same problem. If you can swing some more cash you might look at the Diamond series by B&W if you are set on staying with B&W's. Try room treatments for now.
I had B&W speakers in the CDM series which preceded the 703. The metal-domed tweeter was similar to that in the 703. The harsh and prominent highs did diminish with time over 3 years but never disappeared. The best single remedy that worked was to cut some thick felt pads and to fit them around and under the tweeter assembly using double0sided sticky tape. The felt must cover the angular edge below the tweeter to minimise diffraction effects.

But in the end I sold them to someone who thought that what emerged from them was exciting hi-fi sound.
>>I will be trading up in July, 2006. Most likely to the B&W 800 series<<

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Furthermore, you'll need monster amplification for a similiar sonic signature. There are so many far far better choices. Good luck.