Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
jssmith, another of my favorites is Madelyn Peyroux The Blue Room disc.  Have you listened?  My son and I saw Heart in NYC about 10 years back, they were sensational.  
@czarivey ,

"Elvis king of rr"... hardly.........

Ever heard of Little Richard or Chuck Berry? Many, many more examples, I'm sure.

I rest my case.
I opened to read this discussion because I too am a big Diana Krall fan. But after reading some of the posts I just put on Shirley Horn "I Love you Paris" and I must say its right up there with the best of them. Hadn't listened to it in a long long time but it will be going to the frequently visited list for sure!!
Shirley Horne was an extraordinary artist.  Anyone who doesn’t know her work and likes romantic ballads should check out “Here’s To Life” with orchestrations by the great Johnny Mandel.  An exquisite recording artistically and sonics wise.
Saw her last night in Durham, NC and thought it was a great show.  Her band was amazing and while I agree she doesn't have the most dynamic range, we really had a great time.