How to properly put audio equipment on top of an antique buffet cabinet?

Dear,

My granddad recently had to move from his house to a retirement home and I acquired some paintings and an awesome antique buffet cabinet. It’s a sturdy handcrafted piece, but the top is not entirely massive wood. I use two MDF boards as a bridge to host my NAD M2 and M50. I’m curious to learn from your advice on how to improve this.

- The units were next to each other as you can see in the picture, I’m still experimenting. What would be best?
- Should I search a marble or granite stone slab to put underneath?
- Is there some small audio furniture that could be used?

Thanks upfront,
Koen
128x128koenvingerhoets
" Cork is not a good idea since it retains moisture."
Nonsense, those cork/rubber pads (I linked above) are used in the HVAC industry with heating and A/C units for vibration control, cork floats and does not absorb moisture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_(material)
Personally, I would not recommend either marble or a granite stone slab.
Although marble would look good and is somewhat inexpensive it is a poor choice sonically. Marble would be a better choice, also look good, cost more but once again sonically weak.
I like the suggestions others have made and go with a 2" or 3" think piece of nicely finished maple supported off your beautiful antique buffet cabinet by a means that wn't damage the wood.
How to properly put audio equipment on top of an antique buffet cabinet?
You have an NAD M2 that still works? Nice!

Your beautiful  17th century style 1920’s built sideboard is a big heavy slab by itself. I see anything other than simple sorbathane or rubber feet taking away too much of the visual and providing no sonic benefit. Do not use felt as it is the old finishes that over time will absorb the texture and leave a mark.
Possibly Herbie's Tenderfeet. They are neither sorbathane or rubber.
http://herbiesaudiolab.net/compfeet.htm

And to the OP; please pull your speakers forward to improve imaging.