Proac D48R

Proac owners, I need advice for a integrated amp for the Proac D48Rs. I listen mostly to classic rock an jazz. My budget is 5k new or used market.
128x128heinrichmilw
Proacs are known for their imaging etc.. Yes, they are highly revealing which is what a high end speaker should be.  That's the biggest problem I have wiht Wilsons.  Fun to listen to and I could own them, but they lack the micro and macro detail I love.  Different strokes for .....

glad you have them burned in and set up.  Most speakers are easy to set up, but to coax the last bit of goodness, it takes time and moving them around.  I have to wait until friends come over to move them as I have MS and I can't even get up and down for album changes anymore, lol.  

mil, you ask about electronics, the thing is, you need to try them in the system.  What works for me, may not work for you.  It's about synergy.  Johnny R is going to be a GREAT resource as he's sold Proac's for years.  I found him when I needed to get a new pair of speakers after 20 years.  I ended up getting the Vandy Treo's instead as I liked them better, but I do love the Proac's also. It's one of the few ribbons I enjoy as they are musical and never harsh.  Stuart does a great job there.

What is your price range?  What are you missing?  So many good choices out there.  I personally ended up with an Ayre AX5/20 which is one of the best integrated amps I've ever heard in my life.  The pre amp is built in the passive mode if I recall correctly.  I'm not 100% there, but Johnny knows.  I'm going to be selling it soon as I am sure I'll want the new Vandersteen amps with adjustable crossovers, but that's a huge step up for me, lol. 
@ctsooner ,
Sorry to hear about your condition. Hopefully music soothes you.

What are you missing?
That is exactly what I want to find out about using active preamp in my system. I have been recommended the JR Capri S2 and the Wyred 4 Sound STE-SE Stage 2. I wonder how they will compare with the Parasound JC-2.
BTW, you have a great system.
Thanks for the kind words.  When using a passive, you will miss some slam and dynamics.  Depending on how good or bad the active preamp is as well as how it matches your amp, will make or break the sound for you.  

You really should ask Johnny about the Belles pre amp.  To me, it's a Best Buy pre amp and I think well in your price range. Heck, their integrated amp is KILLER and sounds awesome with your speakers I've been told.  I've heard it with them once and loved what I listened to.  Whatever you do, stay away from using a digital pre amp that would be with a DAC, lol.
If that combo sounds good, I can only wonder what the new Virtuoso will sound like with the D48R's.