Proac D48R

Proac owners, I need advice for a integrated amp for the Proac D48Rs. I listen mostly to classic rock an jazz. My budget is 5k new or used market.
128x128heinrichmilw
Thanks for the kind words.  When using a passive, you will miss some slam and dynamics.  Depending on how good or bad the active preamp is as well as how it matches your amp, will make or break the sound for you.  

You really should ask Johnny about the Belles pre amp.  To me, it's a Best Buy pre amp and I think well in your price range. Heck, their integrated amp is KILLER and sounds awesome with your speakers I've been told.  I've heard it with them once and loved what I listened to.  Whatever you do, stay away from using a digital pre amp that would be with a DAC, lol.
If that combo sounds good, I can only wonder what the new Virtuoso will sound like with the D48R's.
@milpai ,

The ProAc D-48r in ebony look great in your room. A huge upgrade from the Quad 21L.

You should try an active preamp to see if that makes a difference for you. I am using an Aesthetix Calypso which is great in my system. 

I also replaced the factory spikes with Nordost Sort Fut. That made a very nice improvement.

Best Regards,

Jim Perry
Kclone, the Aria is a really nice integrated.  I'd want something like my Ayre AX5/20 with it though or for a pre, that Calypso is crazy good.  I just sold my upgraded Rhea.