From KEF 103.2 to Harbeth 30.1 and back....Your advice sought.

I was a happy KEF 103.2 owner for over 15 years...then the upgrade bug hit.

6 months later I'm out of love. Sure - the Harbeths have gorgeous mids and realistic timbres. But they lack guts. There's no oomph. Piano music and jazz sound great - but forget Lou Reed. The Stooges can't get loud enough. Even classical sounds cut off at the waist. 

I'm tempted to upgrade back to the 103.2s. (And pocket several thousand while I'm at it.) Listening to them was effortless, and warm. Perhaps not as detailed or as accurate, but much more satisfying. 

Only, I'm left wondering if something else might fit my fancy. A *new 103.2, so to speak.

I'm eyeing the NOLA BOXER II, for example...I also spent about a week with a pair of KLIPSCH 160s off Amazon. Fatiguing as hell, but that horn tweeter was awfully exciting. Really made me wonder what a high-end or vintage Klipsch might be like...

Can you folks point me in some directions??? My criteria are rather straightforward: 

- Sub $3500, used or new. I have no "lower" limit. I'll try anything. 
- Preferably not floor standing
- Well-suited for rock and roll, classical (orchestral), jazz and blues (in that order) 
- Will play nice with a a Sonneteer Alabaster SS amplifier

With thanks for your time! 
pupil
Thanks to you all for your suggestions.

I thought I'd be ridiculed - or worse, called a troll! - for missing my old pair tired vintage KEFs worth 10% of the Harbeths currently in my living room.

I'll research the models you've recommended, particularly the Reference model and Heresys! 
In your price range and requirements, I would look at the Reference 3A MM de Capo BE.  It's a very musical speaker that is efficient with lots of punch. 
Have you considered changing your amplifier.
It is not all about power.

I changed from a Quad 306 to an Art Audio Quintet and now my system is full of life.
My speakers now seem to have the dynamics of horns.

It is all about creating an illusion, so before you change speakers think about your amp.
It my do the trick.

My speakers are B&W DM70 and are not the most dynamic, but changing to a tube power transformed them.

I really had my doubts that the valve amp would drive them, but I does and now I can't stop getting my vinyl out.

I find that vinyl nearly always sounds more dynamic than CD.
As for flax, mp3 etc, they can induce sleep a lot of the time.
Perhaps s better streamer would help, but I am not do sure.

All I say is that you should not be too quick to blame the speakers, as they are just part of the equation.

I hope this helps and good luck.